Re: green bean question on singleton php5

On Jan 16, 2008 4:55 PM, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Eric Butera schreef:
> > I still don't understand the obsession of a singleton in regards to a
> > db connection.  Using a registry is a much better practice I think.
> >

> I think I alluded to the registry pattern in my reply above - although I'm
> not
> sure. could you care to ellaborate what you mean by registry?

though i havent seen registry defined in any of the few patterns books ive
seen;
i think its supposed to be a list of singletons, essentially; if you want a
'global'
registry that is.  and i suppose the registry class would itself be a
singleton as well.
here is a somewhat concrete definition / explanation / example..
http://www.phppatterns.com/doku.php/design/the_registry

-nathan