Re: Encryption failing

On 1/15/08, Andrés Robinet <agrobinet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1 - Mike is right about first encrypting and then doing a base64_encode (then saving results to DB, cookies, etc). I don't know why replacing " " to "+" for decrypting, though.
we have an application which sets an encrypted cookie in .NET, andbase64 encodes it. for some reason, PHP was choking on spaces, but "+"worked like a charm. not sure if it's something odd in the URLencoding during transit or what... but it works like a charm.
I have on my todo list to post the code samples both from .NET sideand PHP side to help other people, but I haven't got around to it (notto mention I have to take out some custom code specific to mycompany's implementation)