Re: Re: [QUESTION] MAIL: Send a NOOP instead of DATA

Hello,

on 01/16/2008 03:25 AM mike said the following:
> This list is democratic as well. Personal experience has led me there
> from many Google queries, and none of the code has been usable.

That does not give you the right to generalize and call all the code in
the site crappy, including the thousands of packages that you have not
tried.

> I give you props for creating a site and classes on it and such, but
> this list is for people to ask and share opinions. I said it was not
> to badmouth you but my personal experience that happens to relate to
> things on your site has been poor. I'd say the same if it was your
> site or not. You're just taking offense since you own it.

You are mixing the issues. I have nothing against people that expresses
an opinion about any site of mine. The offense came from the fact that
you called crappy to all the code published in the site.

Why did you have to mix the quality of the work submitted to the
PHPClasses site with the fact that it shows advertising to survive? I
have no idea.

Actually, I have no clue why did you feel the need to start campaigning
against the site. If wanted to draw attention to the site on a thread
that had nothing to do with it, thank you, you made it.

>> If you do not want to bother and benefit from the work distributed by
>> the site, that is your problem. But please do us a favour, respect the
>> work that the authors submit to the site and do not call it crappy.
>
> I give props when I find things that are reusable, I have a section of
> my blog dedicated to giving respect to people I feel have made our
> lives easier from the web development front.
>
> Please, take a step back, and take the comment about your website
> objectively. You're not going to please everyone, it's fruitless to
> try.

You are missing my point. One thing is disliking somebody's work for
whatever reasons, another this is acting disrespectfully and call it
crappy in a public forum. If you don't know how to act respectfully with
other PHP developers, I have nothing else to say to you.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

PHP professionals looking for PHP jobs