Re: Any way to use header() or another function to force user to "top level"

On Sat, January 12, 2008 9:42 pm, Chuck wrote:
> I have some code doing some checks that sit inside div tags using href
> elements:
>         <a class="panel" href="code.php?xxxx=yyyy" target="pframe1"
> >Panel1</a>
>
> In code.php, if various conditions aren't met, this script will do a
> bunch of house cleaning, logging, then redirect using
> header("Location: /some_url").
>
> My problem is that /some_url comes up inside the div area, instead of
> causing the browser to load /some_url as if accessed directly.  Im
> just starting to dabble with PHP so I'm sure there is another way of
> doing this or maybe an argument to header() itself.
>
> I'm looking for the same behavior as the HTML snippet <a href="/"
> target="_top">here</a>
>
> Once I make the call to header(), I no longer care about any state
> information, session variables, or anything. Basically I am booting
> the user out of the application and back to the login/splash page. All
> information I need to retain has already been logged to various
> mechanisms prior to calling header() which is immediately followed by
> exit();

I don't think a DIV tag can do what you want...

Perhaps you should do your validation checks in the script that writes
the DIV tag instead, and bounce the user from there, which would be
trivial.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?