Re: uh oh, I defined a resoruce

On Sunday 13 January 2008 16:53:42 Jochem Maas wrote:
> Sancar Saran schreef:
> > Well,
> >
> > ADODB and TYPO3 are  successfull oss procjecs which uses PHP and they
> > utilizes globals at large.
>
> windows is a successful OS but most people would agree it's built on a
> foundation of cruft.
>
> success != built with good code != globals are good practice.
>
> > Regards.
> >
> > Sancar

Hello there,

After some research, I found source of the "Globals are evil".

This was coming from common c and c++ practice. In this enviroments using
globals leding to race conditions which was very hard to resolve.

and uh oh, that php thing was using share nothing perspective. No race
condtions. except variable crashing.

>From my point of view. After 8 years of php programming only one time face the
variable crashing. And that was a local variable called $i.

Of course your millage was vary...

Regards

Sancar.