Re: Dependant listboxes

Hello,

on 01/10/2008 02:43 PM Humani Power said the following:
> Hi everybody.
> I have a page with 3 combo box that contains rows from an oracle database.
> What I want to do, is to make those list dependant one from another.
>
> Let say that I have the combo boxes on a page1.php, then on change the first
> list box, reload the page1.php and make the selection of the second listbox,
> on change on the second
> box, the third listbox will be filled. Then, pressing the submit
> button, I want to go to the
> page2.php
>
> I dont want to use javascript. Does anyone knows where can I find an example
> to implement the dependant lists?

This popular PHP forms generation and validation class has a linked
select plug-in to do precisely that.

http://www.phpclasses.org/formsgeneration

The basic version use alternative groups of option values taken from
arrays, but there are also variant versions of the plug-in that take
options from database query results.

Here is a live example of the version that uses arrays:

http://www.meta-language.net/forms-examples.html?example=test_linked_select

There is one variant that supports MySQL and two other variants that
support many databases, including Oracle, using either the Metabase or
PEAR::MDB2 database independent APIs.

Here you may watch a tutorial video that explains about this and other
plug-ins of this forms class:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/video/1/package/1/section/plugin-linked-select.html

--

Regards,