Re: global address collection

Satyam wrote:
Telephone stuff is comprehensive

Also, it should be  Province/County/State, and it should be optional since
some cities are autonomous (usuall federal capital cities), just don't make
it mandatory.  And don't force anything on postal codes.  Some countries
have letters in them and the number of characters varies.  I just hate it
when they ask to enter the full 9 digit zip code.
Another area of difficulty is the SIZE of the 'Address' fields.
While in the UK House number + Postcode should be all that you need, if you have named flats in a named building in a development in an area of say London, then the address 1/2/3 fields can be quite full. Add commercial premises on an industrial state and you get similar problems. Some parts will need to be combined on one line, and I'm now finding even 80 character entries can be a problem :(
Oh for XML and the ability to add 'extra' 'Address' lines :)

Full name (optionally forename/surname)
Address 1
Address 2 (optional)
Address 3 (optional)
Town/City
County/State
Postal/Zip code
Country

Full international phone number (eg. 0044 1623 123456)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL