Re: iphone.facebook.com PHP inquiry

It's probably using IUI (the iPhone UI CSS/JS that Joe Hewitt created,
now being maintained at http://code.google.com/p/iui/) which allows
you to request the page to be loaded via AJAX based on how you setup
the link.

This is how I *believe* it works, I just implemented IUI partially on
a site at work a few days ago and the final thing for me to work out
the kinks is whether or not to load certain pages using the AJAX
method (and show the cute little "loading" circle thing) or reload the
entire page.

Remember it's all just Javascript trickery with CSS that works great
on Safari browsers (and works almost identical actually now in
Firefox...)

It's very easy to implement, I had some initial confusion too how it
routes the requests but I think I figured it out there ^^