Re: Delete rows from database

Balasubramanyam A wrote:
Hi all,

I'm searching names from MySQL and printing it on a browser. Also, I've
provided checkbox for all the rows and a delete button for a page. I want to
delete the selected rows from MySQL when I click on the "Delete" button. How
do I do that?

Here is the code which I used to print the rows after fetching the same from
MySQL

while ($line = mysql_fetch_array($resultset, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
        echo "\t<tr>\n";
        echo "<td><input type=checkbox name=index /></ td>";

In the above line you need to have the row ID as the value of your check box. Also, you should probably use and array in your form. See below for example and explanation.

echo "<td><input type=checkbox name=delete[] value={$line['id']} /></ td>";

Ok, broken down...

nothing special about this, pretty standard
	echo "<td><input type=checkbox

This, when submitted to PHP, will create an array in the POST/GET array
	name=delete[]

This will assign the value of ID to the checkbox array
	value={$line['id']}

etc...

Now, this is assuming that your id column is called ID and that you will be wanting to delete more then one at a time.

on the process page, do a print_r($_POST)

You will see what you get

        foreach ($line as $col_value) {
                echo "\t\t<td>&nbsp;$col_value</td>\n";
        }