Re: automatic caller

""blackwater dev"" <blackwaterdev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:34a9824e0801020923k4a55460u4772ccc759034060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm working on a prototype now and was wondering if anyone new of a service
where I could pass in text and a number and the service would call the
number and read the text.  I know I can do this with asterisk and it's php
api but don't have time to set up all the outgoing code/functionality. Does
anyone know of a service that does this so I can show it as a proof of
concept.  I looked at GrandCentral but it doesn't appear to have this
feature.

Thanks!

A simple google search for "automated calling" returns a lot of results, although most are services which you have to pay to use and they dont' seem like you can just call them with text but must have a pre-recorded message. Off the top of my head probably the simplest thing would be to just use the Skype API and use them for calls. Since this is just a prototype then there probably won't be many calls made on it and it should not be very expensive. You would have to combine the skype API though with some kind of text to speech software.

- Dan