Re: automatic caller

On Jan 2, 2008 12:23 PM, blackwater dev <blackwaterdev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm working on a prototype now and was wondering if anyone new of a
> service
> where I could pass in text and a number and the service would call the
> number and read the text.  I know I can do this with asterisk and it's php
> api but don't have time to set up all the outgoing code/functionality.
>  Does
> anyone know of a service that does this so I can show it as a proof of
> concept.  I looked at GrandCentral but it doesn't appear to have this
> feature.

im wondering if it would be prudent for a service to allow you to
call just any number?  obviously a company  A providing service to company B
could supply a service to company B to call any number at company B, no
sweat.
there could also be an SLA that defines misuse of the service; like if
company B is
spamming some people or w/e, then company A defers responsibility to them
legally.
but im guessing there could be some legal implications regarding a generic
service
to call any number..
anyway this is all just speculation :O

-nathan