best way for PHP page

Hi,

i would like to improve my coding quality when i use PHP code and for that i
would request your help.
in my web developer experience, i have to confess that i've never succeeded
in spliting PHP code from HTML code.

i mean that all my web pages consist of PHP code mixed with HTML code (for
rendering pages).
Some developers tell it's possible to write only PHP code for web page. i
agree with them but only when those PHP pages do not render web elements
(write text, display pictures, display formular, ...).

the purpose of my post is to know if i can really (at 100%) split client
code (display images, write text,...) from server code (move or copy data to
DB, create connection objects,...)

so what do you think about that ?

--
Alain