Re: PHP interprocesss communication

On Sun, December 23, 2007 2:48 pm, Christophe Gosiau wrote:
> The problems I have with this setup are:
> 1) How does my PHP application finds out what thread is handling the
> TCP
> connection according to the user who is logged in into the
> application?

I do not think you can do this...

> 2) What is the best way to send a command to this thread? Shared
> Memory?
> Socket Pairs? Named Pipes?

Write your own inter-process language that sends out some kind of HTTP
response that tells your .net client to do whatever it is you want it
to do.

Or, possibly, have the PHP script open up a socket
http://php.net/sockets to the .net application, and send commands and
data identifying itself sufficiently to make your .net application do
what it's supposed to.

> 3) Has anyone already made a similar setup or does anyone has good
> documentation about interprocess communication?

Shared Memory is not for the faint of heart, but you'll still need
some kind of back-n-forth to identify who's doing what, I think, so
you might as well send the data with that...

Though I guess you could have a sort of "global" shared memory and
keep a running list of "to do" on there for the .net and PHP apps to
manage...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?