Re: simplexml problem

On Dec 31, 2007 10:09 AM, Dani Castaños <danitao.mailists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks! Problem fixed... But I think PHP must do the cast automatically.
> I think it's a bug fixed in a further version than mine as I've read

no problem; but just fyi, its not a bug; the behavior is as expected per the
manual:
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.simplexml.php

*Example#6 Comparing Elements and Attributes with Text*

To compare an element or attribute with a string or pass it into a function
that requires a string,

you must cast it to a string using *(string)*. Otherwise, PHP treats the
element as an object.

if you use an operation that casts implicitly, such as echo, you dont have
to cast yourself;
otherwise you do :)

-nathan