Re: Why I sart getting "Fatal error: Allowed memory size..." after php upgrade?

It sounds to me like the "allowed memory size" went back to the default
after they upgraded php.

I usually have to update some of my config files after an upgrade.  Nothing
seems strange to me here... But maybe I am missing something.

> I'm going to edit php.ini though what if "client" doesn't have a clue
> what's php.ini or how to do it?

Your clients shouldn't have a clue about the php.ini file, nor should they
ever have to worry about it.  However, I assume you mean the clients of the
hosting company, which would be you.  It is my opinion that you, as a PHP
developer, have a responsibility to understand what the php.ini file is,
what it does, and how to change it if necessary and you should have this
knowledge before you begin writing code that would be used by anyone but
yourself.

--
Stephen Johnson c | eh
The Lone Coder

http://www.thelonecoder.com
continuing the struggle against bad code

http://www.thumbnailresume.com