Re: Re: php sockets

vixle wrote:
> well i mean even if we would not consider that particular piece of code as
> an example of the code that i have issues with im still rather interesting
> if theres some different between the socket model used by say, c++(winsock
> in my case) and the sockets used in php
> because when made a simple c++ script (winsock based) which just echoes what
> its gotten from a client i still get a problem which looks like this: when
> php client connects to the serv, the server then gets into an endnless loop
> php script (which server was supposed to send when the client connects) but
> the server itself doesnt work correctly for some reason, and thats what im
> curious about. Again, when i rewrote the whole functionality of the client
> in c++ it worked just as it was supposed to, while being written in
> php(client part) it all messes up.
> ""Nathan Nobbe"" <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> figured id top-post on this one, since the original message was so long..
>> i recommend debugging with a tool like wireshark.  that way you can
>> see whats in the packets going over the wire and hopefully it will lead
>> to a solution.
>>
>> -nathan

well, since it is the php version, and this is a php list, why don't you show us your complete PHP
source code instead of you C++ source.

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare