Re: Ham marked as Spam with BAYES_99 - PhpMailer to old?

On Tue, December 18, 2007 8:41 am, Merlin Morgenstern wrote:
> I am running a small community page with PHP. Members can select
> notification e-mails on comments etc.
>
> Since today those e-mails - or basically all e-mails from the system -
> get taged as spam with a score of 3.5 that totally results to
> BAYES_99.
>
> How come? I am using PHP-Mailer 1.73. I am wondering if this will go
> away if I upgrade to 2.0. However I would rather not like to do that
> as a .0 release makes me a bit worried.
>
> Does anybody have an idea on how to eleminate that BAYES_99 score?
> Those
> mails are absolutly no spam. They contain a link to the commment page
> but that should not be the problem. At least it was not a problem for
> the last years.
>
> Any ideas?

Bayes usually refers to the Bayseian (sp?) algorithm where the system
"learns" what is junk based on users' marking things as spam.

So if you add a bunch of people to your list that don't expect to be
on it, and they all mark your email as spam, whammo, all your emails
are marked as spam.

Or so I understand it...

Or possibly mis-understand it. :-v

--