Re: control browser with <a href> tag

On Tue, December 18, 2007 12:23 pm, Hiep Nguyen wrote:
> hi friends,
>
> i have two pages: list.php and update.php
>
> list.php will have a hyper link that when click on, it will open a new
> window for user to update info.  once user clicks update button on
> update.php page, i want to close update.php and return to list.php.
> however if user doesn't click update button, i don't want user to go
> back to list.php.  in other word, freeze up list.php until user closes
> or clicks update button on update.php.
>
> is this possible to do with php?

It's not even possible with a browser and HTTP, whether PHP is in the
picture or not...

You're describing a desktop application behaviour.

Stop doing that; You'll just make yourself and your users miserable.

Write a web application.  It's different.

Don't popup a new window unless you absolutely have to.  If I want a
new window, I'll use right-click and do it myself.

Don't try to "freeze" up the list (you can't anyway) cuz I might want
to look at other things in the list to decide how to correctly update
the original anyway.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?