Re: Generating Random Numbers with Normal Distribution

At 2:46 PM -0500 12/10/07, Robert Cummings wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 11:37 -0800, Stephen Johnson wrote:
 True randomization is only really possible in nature.

Can you say for certain nature is truly random? Just because the seed
may have occurred 13.7 billion years ago and we don't know what that
initial state was and we couldn't possibly calculate all the
interactions since, doesn't mean that everything since hasn't been
happening in accordance with some universal formula and in absence of
randomness. We know that there appear to be certain laws in physics,
would they not have applied to that initial state in a non random
manner? It may just be that due to the hugantic sample space from which
to draw arbitrary values that we think things are random.

Food for thought :)

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob:

You most certainly have a point there. Our identification, classification, and definition of order is really what's at issue. Order and randomness are simply our perceptions of the world around us and our perception is pretty limited

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------