Re: Mysqli support - test or complain? [SOLVED]

On Dec 11, 2007 4:11 PM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't remember what sort of environment the OP was in, but if any sort
> of organised testing is done, the use of two different APIs will just
> about double the test-effort.  Which is why I still think the best
> option is to mandate _one_ of the APIs and choose your hoster
> accordingly.

ideally there should be an abstraction layer.  beneath it either mysql or
mysqli would work.  this is the nature of any respectable database layer.
it prevents a need to modify stable client code (written against the
abstraction layer) when you have to switch the underlying database client.

-nathan