Re: Help Sending Mail

heh Richard! long time no see, guess you had withdrawal symtoms or you
managed to bust out of whatever compound they were holding you in ;-) ...

Richard Lynch wrote:
> PS
>
> GMail will not accept \r\n between header lines, only \n
>
> I dunno if RFC822 specifies which ending but I *do* know that this
> breaks the current PEAR mimePart.php code.
>
> Editing the code to hack \r\n to just \n for the _CRLF constant works
> for gmail, but may break other mail clients if \r\n is the RFC822
> correct newline.

I've never bothered with \r\n and with the exception of opening
stuff in notepad I've never had any problem is an email context or
otherwise ... at least it's never been brought to my intention which
is good enough for me :-)

> PPS
> Is anybody else tired of this endless newline "war" between \n and \r\n?!
>
> Can we just shoot anybody who doesn't accept either as valid?

no, it's a waste of good ammo. use a baseball bat or something.
that's problem with kids these days no idea of the cost of things ... I wonder
if that's the reason *doze went with the extra byte \r entails?