Re: Professional inquiry for you freelancers

On Dec 6, 2007 3:23 AM, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Steve Finkelstein wrote:
> > Thanks for your humble opinions.  Appreciate the feedback!
>
> humble?

    People on this list are anything BUT humble, Steve.

    Now, as for my own petty opinion....

    I always tell new clients that people are either expertly creative
or technical, and that I'm very much the latter, but not the former.
I can't design to save my ass.  I can put the HTML code together, but
I may as well be colorblind when it comes to a good combination.  I'm
just not good at coming up with a nice, clean layout.... so I
generally have a friend, my pre-wife (who does some design work), or
someone I know from online do the design part, if even only in
PhotoShop, then I integrate it with my code.  Less hassle for me,
overall, so I can focus on providing excellent code (see, no one here
is humble!), without having it look like chewed-up and spit-out food
that someone realized they didn't like just a bit too late.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[Phone Numbers Go Here!]

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.