RE: Parsing XML with DTD

I believe the DTD would only be helpful to you if you are validating the XML
stream yourself... If you only need to know what kind of data you are
looking at, you can just grab the "doctype" property for the DocumentElement
and compare it to a set of (known by you) predefined doctypes... After that,
you can implement a walk through the elements of the XML stream knowing what
you can expect about it. This will simplify your programming logic, unless
there are infinite doctypes for the data source in question.

For validation, you can use this
http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.dom-domdocument-validate.php (only if
you are interested in the document being well formed according to the DTD)

For identifying the DTD, check the DocumentElement "doctype" property and
the "DOMDocumentType" class http://us.php.net/manual/en/ref.dom.php.

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
| TEL 954-607-4207 | FAX 954-337-2695 |
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | MSN Chat: best@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  SKYPE:
bestplace |  Web: bestplace.biz  | Web: seo-diy.com