RE: Re: uploading files... necessary Ajax?

That's correct as far as I know... Ajax would require javascript had access
to the data stream of the file you are trying to upload... and that would be
a security issue for browsers (or was it because the multipart/form-data
encoding? Don't kill me if I'm totally wrong).

All in all, the only way to do a file upload I know of is with an iframe or
with a SWF technique (which provides a bit more control on the progress of
the upload). But any of those techniques will be transaparent to the end
user if implemented well (meaning they will not know you are actually using
an iframe or a SWF).

Hope not to be far from thruth

Rob
(sorry, top posting, we've all read the rest of it :D)