Re: uploading files... necessary Ajax?

pere roca wrote:
> Hi, a basic question:
> I want to send a CSV file and some other parameters. In my FORM I have
> method=POST input type="file" and action="http://....php";; It sends it to
> the php file but I don't want the php to be visualized (in fact it just
> works with the data  and inserts in database). I want to keep the original
> HTML and the php working "in the background".
>
> Is for that absolutely necessary Ajax?

no.
have a look at the various HTTP status codes you can return to the browser:

one of the following should do it, although a little further discussion as
to which is the best choice (and/or the correct choice) might be worthwhile:

204 No Content
202 Accepted

one of the following probably will do it too, although I don't think
that their use in the described context is as correct as 204 or 202.

304 Not Modified
201 Created