Re: uploading files... necessary Ajax?

"pere roca" <peroc79@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:13875829.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, a basic question:
I want to send a CSV file and some other parameters. In my FORM I have
method=POST input type="file" and action="http://....php";; It sends it to
the php file but I don't want the php to be visualized (in fact it just
works with the data  and inserts in database). I want to keep the original
HTML and the php working "in the background".

Is for that absolutely necessary Ajax?

thanks,
Pere

Hi

Why don'tr you upload the file and have a cronjob running in the background, executing the PHP file on command line? That way, the work will get done and the user won't see anything.

Just an idea :o)

Chris