RE: two small issues with php mail

Brad,

This comment is extracted directly from PHPMailer source (before the
implementation for the function AddBCC)

  /**
   * Adds a "Bcc" address. Note: this function works
   * with the SMTP mailer on win32, not with the "mail"
   * mailer.
   * @param string $address
   * @param string $name
   * @return void
   */

I don't really know the internals of how and why Bcc won't work with the
mail function on windows, but if these guys who developed PHPMailer say
so... "Holy Word", so I wouldn't expect the mail function on Windows to work
with Bcc.
What you can do? Well... if Bcc is a requirement and you MUST do the code
for "Windows+PHP" you'll have to write you own code to login to a SMTP
server or use PHPMailer... (or any other ready made solution).
If this is an assignment I really doubt your teacher's expectations are so
high to let you go and develop such a thing (a class to interface a SMTP
server). If you are testing the code in your Windows PC, I would recommend
you testing your code in a real-world linux server, if that's an option for
you. Other options include testing it on a linux box (if you have one, or
you have a Windows-Linux dual boot as many people have) or even downloading
the "VMWare Player" (http://www.vmware.com/) and one of the linux appliances
that come with the LAMP suite from the start (if you don't have linux, or
want to run linux while working in windows applications such as
Dreamweaver).

That said, don't blame PHP, don't blame us, and don't even blame your code,
Bcc is not working due to an issue of the mail function in Windows (don't
know why, I'm not an expert in the subject, and don't care either, I use
PHPMailer).

If you get the issue solved, we would also like to hear it.

Rob