Re: web page download question

David Calkins wrote:
Its a big company.  They provide the page to help people look up the
info, but I don't think I could expect support from them on it.  I was
thinking it was some standard sort of thing, like maybe the way you
issue the HTTP request or some way of decoding an alternate document
from the source, etc.

Also, IE is rendering the page graphically.  i.e. when you view the
page in IE (or FireFox for that matter) it shows up with all the
graphics and formatting.  But when you do view source, all you get is
the plain XML.  Not XHTML with CSS references or something like that,
just plain, raw XML with the relevent fields and their data.  So the
page IE is rendering does not match what it shows you when you do view
source.  So somehow, there are 2 documents and I'm just missing how to
retrieve the other one.

I don't think its a browser detection thing since IE shows both.  The
graphically rendered, formatted page, and the raw data XML.

Is there a DTD at the top?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/