Re: PHP ide?

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 01:44:19PM +0000, Lester Caine wrote:
> Tiago Silva wrote:
>>>
>>> Mandriva has Eclipse and PHPEclipse 'out of the box' along with Apache
>>> and PHP
>>> I can build a fully functional development machine from a pile of bits in
>>> under an hour ;)
>>> And currently that includes downloading the latest updates :)
>>>
>> I use an OS called Windows Vista :-P
>> hahahha crap(I use openSuse... ;-) )
>> Guys, talking about features of distributions is a looping question...it's
>> a vicious endless thing...
>> let's talk about PHP ide's ok?
>> I use eclipse, with PHPEclipse it's fullfeatured for PHP, look, FOR PHP!
>> The good programmer don't need a full featured IDE, like Delphi for PHP
>> and anyothers that wrap you behind the scenes...
>
> Not had to bother with vista yet - in fact a lot of my hardware intensive
> stuff simply will not run on it :(
> BUT the best thing about Eclipse is that it runs the same on windows as
> Linux, so I don't have to have different environments on each. I just run a
> local CSV server and sync things between the two environments. And now I
> can move stuff that was originally developed on Windows over to Linux
> - or replace it with PHP powered stuff :)

Hi all...

in the past i'd worked for a web development company. We had some
Windows, some MacOSX and some Linux workstations and a central
Dedian development server. The best solution to work with an IDE
was the use of Eclipse with the needed plugins. On every machine the
same environment for development and the individual stuff for
design/grafix and more. No problems with a central subversion/CVS
repo and a NFS/Samba share for the apache document root on the devel
server.

regards
Mario

| havelsoft.com - Ihr Service Partner für Open Source |
| Tel:  033876-21 966                                 |
| Notruf: 0173-277 33 60                              |
| http://www.havelsoft.com                            |
| Inhaber: Mario Günterberg                           |
| Mützlitzer Strasse 19                               |
| 14715 Märkisch Luch                                 |