Re: PHP ide?

Andrew Peterson wrote:
I'll try installed it again with none of the other nonsense.

PDT has the so called ALL-IN-ONE thing, however I don't really trust it.

I would suggest the following -

a) Be sure you have the latest Java.

b) Get the normal, traditional Eclipse.

c) Update it (Help > Software updates > Find and install > Search for updates of the currently installed features). Repeat if needed.

d) Go to Help > Software updates > Find and install > Search for new features to install and add the PDT site (http://download.eclipse.org/tools/pdt/updates/). Check the PDT site and the Europa Discovery Site and click Finish (I haven't done it for a while, so could be something has changed there). When you get the result, the Update manager might complain that PDT depends on something. In this case unfold the Europa Discovery Site result (by clicking the +, if you do not unfold it the next step might not work) and click the Select Required button. This should select the minimum you need. Let me know if you run into a trouble and I'll try to send you reproducible steps.

And again, Eclipse is Java, so you need a decent machine.

Iv