Re: html parsing

Yes I do have SSI enabled

here is what I am doing.

I have a php script that reads (a basic) file with html in it. (meaning
it it would have an html/shtml extension it would just work in a browser.

Now I rename the file to myhtml.dat and let the script read it and print
it to stdout.
That works like a char.....  until there's a server side include in the
html page. (ssi's work in both html and in php)

I tried to use  <?php include("that.file"); ?>  but that doesn't seem to
work

Tom Ray [Lists] wrote:
> Ron Croonenberg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a script that ads data to a html template.
>> However when there is an include in the html like:
>>
>> <!--#include file="include/header.sinc" -->
>>
>> it is not "processed", but "just" ends up as a string in the page.
>>
>> So I guess it needs to be parsed. Is there an easy way to do that ?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Ron
>>

> Do you have SSI enable in Apache? You are running Apache right? Do you
> have the file named .shtml? Or do you have Apache setup to run SSI
> through the HTML parser allowing you to have the files named .html
> instead. But I guess the other question is why are you using an SSI
> command that you could easily use a PHP command for and thus not have to
> mix the two?

 Ron Croonenberg                   |
                                   | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Lab Instructor &                  | Fax:   1 765 658 4732
         Technology Coordinator    |

 Department of Computer Science    | e-mail: ronc@xxxxxxxxxx
 DePauw University                 |
 275 Julian Science & Math Center  |