Re: More info on timeout problem

Hi Instruct ICC:

> > How do I save the individual query statements to a file? That may give
> > me a good option for checking a "log" of activity when the process fails
> > again.
>
> I'm assuming you are building an $sql variable, so you would write that to
> a file instead of executing it in a query. Look at an example here
> http://php.he.net/manual/en/function.fwrite.php to write data to a file.

    Thanks for the link; I should have guessed that fwrite() was the
command, but I'm starting to get so cross-eyed and synapse-tied here that my
thinking is really muzzy.

    But get this -- I tried your suggestion and am writing the SQL query
text to a file and am not doing anything with updating the data in MySQL at
all.  And it still "times" out, in constantly random areas.

    If it happened in the exact same place every time, I could live with
that, but it's not.  It's entirely random (or at least I haven't seen the
pattern yet), and that just makes me ill.

    Jon