Re: Looking for ways to prevent timeout

Jon Westcot wrote:
> Hi Jochem:
>
>     Thanks for the suggestion.  Not to sound more dense than I already seem,
> but how do I do this?

by calling the function somewhere near the top of your script?

ignore_user_abort();

How do I tell the browser that something is still
> running?  I'm issuing a flush() after every 1000 records along with echoing
> a textual status update.  Should I do it more frequently, say every 100
> records?

I have never trusted that method of keeping the browser from thinking the
response is not forthcoming but it's better than nothing.

>     I'm really struggling with this concept here, and I appreciate the help
> that everyone is giving me!

dont forget to read the manuAl AND the user comments on the pages relevant to
the functions you are using to tackle the problem