Re: Question about php.ini file

On 11/4/07, Jon Westcot <jon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Cristian:
>
>     Thanks for the replies.
>
>     In this case, what I've been noticing is that most of the values have
> gone DOWN (i.e., gotten smaller) after I placed my own php.ini file in
> place.  For example, upload_max_filesize was 8M before I placed my file,
> but, afterwards, it was 2M!  I'm trying to increase this size, not
> decrease
> it.
>
>     Could it be the line-ending characters that are causing the problem?
> Could PHP be seeing the new file but not realizing how to process it,
> which
> would cause the values to flop over to their defaults?

do you have ssh access to the server?
i recommend you start out by creating the simplest file you can by editing
it
directly on the linux server, via vim or w/e.
then using a phpinfo() script, you should see your overridden value in the
left
column (those are for the locally overridden values).
some other things to note are;

   1. apache must be properly configured to allow the .htaccess
   overrides.
   2. you cant override all the values in php.ini; see the documentation

regarding which ones can be overriden and where

here is an article regarding the process,
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_php.ini_overrides_w/_.htaccess

-nathan