Re: moving over to php 5

On Monday 29 October 2007, Per Jessen wrote:
> Cristian Vrabie wrote:
> > Hmm 117,223 hosts with php4 only support. Did you actually checked how
> > many have php5 support? Many more.
>
> There are 178.112 hosters that have PHP5 support.  I checked.

Where and how did you check?  Compiling such stats is rather hit or miss, and
the numbers most people quoted until now I have decided are simply wrong.

I have a hard time believing that there are 300,000 different commercial web
hosting companies out there.  That many servers, sure, but companies?

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson