Re: unable to find running php script

Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:
> Hello,
> I am runnign on a Centos 5.0 php 5.1.6 as Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
> I launched a script, which contains an infinite loop, from bash typing:
> php script.php
>
> I'd like to end that process. when typing ps -A,

try ps -e, or run top and look there (you can kill processes from
inside top).

> I don't see it. Is it
> inside the Apache server?

no. it's a seperate binary in this case.

> How could I reach it? I am quite lost.
> More surprising to me is that after I rebooted the server, the script
> was still running.

unless there is a cronjob or something else that automatically runs the
script then this is not possible.

> Any idea how I could kill that "process"?

'killall php' will probably do it but I don't recommend it - it will
kill all processes running from a binary named 'php' (not your php apache
module)