Re: unable to find running php script

On 10/26/07, Jean-Christophe Roux <jcxxr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am runnign on a Centos 5.0 php 5.1.6 as Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
> I launched a script, which contains an infinite loop, from bash typing:
> php script.php
>
> I'd like to end that process. when typing ps -A, I don't see it. Is it
> inside the Apache server? How could I reach it? I am quite lost.
> More surprising to me is that after I rebooted the server, the script
> was still running.
>
> Any idea how I could kill that "process"?
> Thanks
>
> --

    If you broke it (CTRL+C) from the command line, then it wasn't a
process, and you successfully killed the loop.

    If you ran it like so:
php script.php &

    Then it daemonized it, which means you should type:
ps -ef|grep php

    That will give you the PID on the left, and you can then type:
kill -9 [PID]

    .... where [PID] is the PID number you saw.

    Because you ran it via the CLI, at no time was Apache involved whatsoever.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.  Then you'll find out he was
allergic and is hospitalized.  See?  No good deed goes unpunished....