Re: EMPTY??

On 10/23/07, Dan Shirah <mrsquash2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> doing a var_dump($_POST['comments'];
>
> returns  string(0) ""
>
> So the value of $comments in $comments = $_POST['comments']; SHOULD be
> equal to 0 or "", right?
>
> In which case when I do my original:
>
> if (!empty($comments)) {
>   echo "Do Something";
> }
>
> It SHOULD just bypass that and continue with my code, but instead it gives
> me the error, "Changed database context to Database."

i think we are missing something; perhaps you can show us the portion of
code that contains the string
"Changed database context to Database."

it seems to me like the echo statement is getting skipped over, otherwise
you would see the string "Do Something".
since it is getting bypassed, that statement is not getting executed and
processing is continuing probly to the point
where the string about the database is echoed out.

-nathan