Re: p-s-e-x-e-c

On 10/18/07, Instruct ICC <instructicc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > When I run the command on the server itself, it
> > works just fine. When I run the same command via a webpage, the text file
> > does not generate.
>

> I also have a similar problem but reversed.  It works in a webpage but not on the command line.
> mysql_connect, mssql_connect, and a non-db function.
> A command line script calling file() to call the web page works however.
> And it just stopped working about 2 months ago (from the command line).

one word: permissions

i had issues with db stuff working on web vs. not on shell (or vice
versa) - turns out the mysql.sock file couldn't be read from one but
could from the other.

this would be the first thing i check for the db issues, and the ps
aux issues. perhaps the webuser doesn't have access, or it isn't in
$PATH. try full /bin/ps aux and see if that works.

also perhaps the php.ini settings are different for either one, and
there's a different ini file for shell vs. web.