Re: Re: Something you can do with AJAX + PHP as well

At 5:02 PM +0200 10/11/07, Per Jessen wrote:
tedd wrote:

 For example: If you have a process that is taking time server-side and
 want to let the user know in real time what the progress is, this is
 one way to do it. That's not something (by definition) you can do with
 javascript alone, right?

Correct, but it doesn't require any ajax either.  That was my main
point.

Yes, but I didn't say that my demo *required* ajax either -- so, I don't know why you want to make a point about something not claimed?

Here's my demo:

http://webbytedd.com/b/timed-php/

Where does it say that Ajax is required?! The demo is self explanatory as to what it is showing.

I simply created the demo and presented it here for review. But for some, instead of understanding what the demo was doing, made statements that it was an overkill that could be done more simply by using javascript alone, which was absolutely not true and clearly demonstrated that they didn't understand the demo (my bad for not making it more clear).

If you have something constructive to say in relation to the demo, please do. But, I think it's misleading and confusing to point out something that was not claimed and then object to it. Why do that? That's just being argumentative for no reason.

I'll tell you what, why don't you create a demo to exhibit whatever points you want to make? I am sure that my comments will be more germane.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------