Re: Beginner Tutorials for using CLASSES in PHP4

""Nathan Nobbe"" <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On 10/10/07, Tony Marston <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> ""Jay Blanchard"" <jblanchard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> [snip]
>> [/snip]
>>
>> > Polymorphism.
>>
>> Are you saying that it is not possible to have polymorphism without using
>> interfaces? If so you are very much mistaken.
>>

> no, but what you still havent been able to grasp is the alternate
> polymorphic facility that interfaces offer.

But I don't need an alternative facility for polymorphism as the one I have
without interfaces is more than sufficient for my needs.

> how would you do the lawnmower w/o interfaces?

I wouldn't play with a lawnmower class in the first place. I use PHP to
write web applications which deal with database tables, not lawnmowers, and
I have yet to find a good reason for using interfaces in such applications.
Your contrived examples do not convince me of anything.

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net