Re: How to format CLI tabular data?

At 12:30 PM -0700 10/9/07, Jim Lucas wrote:
tedd wrote:
Thanks for the code. I've altered it to display a table in a browser:

http://webbytedd.com/bbb/table/

Code is shown there.

-snip-

I wouldn't use that to display tabular data in a browser.

I will attach what I use to display in a browser.

I updated the comments, I think everything is correct. Let me know what you think

Jim:

-snip- code

What do I think? Thanks for asking.

First, very nice code -- good job.

Second, I made some small corrections and you can view the results and code here:

http://www.webbytedd.com/bbb/table2/

What I did, I leave for you to discover.

The important points are:

1. Always remove anything that has anything to do with presentation, such as your table cell spacing and such. That should be left to css.

2. In css ID's must be unique and Classes must be as numerous and as unique as you want to make presentation different.

As you can see in my alterations of your code, the code now produces unique ID's and Classes for just about every attribute a table can have.

Comments welcomed.

Cheers,

tedd

--