RE: Looking for help with a complex algorithm

[snip]
If the OP wants any single valid set, then this seems to work.
If he wants all valid sets, no joy.
I added a 10.00 and a 0.22 to the $values array and varied the position
of the 10.00 (before and after 3.76) and it seems to pull the first set
where the first member in the $values array is a member of the set.

For a second there, I thought it pulled the set where the largest
possible member in the $values array is also in the set.

Maybe it meets the needs of the OP?
[/snip]

Any valid single set is good, once found that data is marked and is not
in the search set any longer. So if I perform a second search for the
same amount it will give me the next set if it exists.