Re: Sending lots of emails - 2 choices - choose the best one

The other possible question you might want to ask is:

How will the message be formatted and sent... some services such as hotmail will flag the message as spam based on the multiple mail deliveries when used option #2. And there are also many other considerations related to spam.
Instead what you could consider doing:
Option #3)
Write a subroutine that would group recipients based on host, and send one mail to each host with bcc. Also I would not use the internal mail function, instead I would try a full smtp class, especially when using mime that has built in support for services such as hotmail, yahoo, etc. Whenever we send email list to hotmail users I format the message differently then when we send to yahoo, and so on .... I would avoid allowing sendmail to handle the function of grouping ...

Hope it helps...

Marek