Re: Structure of maintainable websites

So, my question is: are there any good practices that I should be aware of or example websites I can study, that will give me the knowledge I need? I'm not looking for references on general software design approaches, but practical information on how to apply them to PHP websites.

You could do worse than looking at this:

http://www.phpguru.org/static/ApplicationStructure.html

Lots of people like to over complicate their structure, but this (I find) usually suffices. Plus it's easy to navigate and interpret.

PS. Smarty has nothing to do with structure - it's got everything to do with needlessly reducing performance.

--
Richard Heyes
+44 (0)800 0213 172

Knowledge Base and HelpDesk software