triggering another php script whilst parent continues

Hi how would I trigger another script whilst the parent continues without waiting for the second script to finish. ie in the example below if db empty, start second script but also continue closing connections
and exiting.

if(sqlite_num_rows($result) == 0)
{

// trigger another php script