Re: Finding next recored in a array

tedd wrote:
At 4:14 PM -0400 9/19/07, brian wrote:
tedd wrote:

Duh?

You program for that -- you want me to write the entire code?

~sigh~

Grasshopper, the point i was trying to make is that your example displays what *not* to do with array_search(). Though a wonderful teaching aid in itself, it falls somewhat short of being a reasonable solution for the OP.

brian

~sigh~

Sorry to disappoint you master. But I was using array_search() to search an array -- it seemed like a reasonable thing to do.

OK, so my joke left a bitter taste; sorry about that.

What i'm trying to get across is that this list is here so that we may post our various problems in the hopes that someone else might see the solution we are missing. Sometimes, when we post what we *think* is the correct path to scripting Nirvana, another of us may point out a flaw in our logic.

It happens to all of us.

The responses to this list should not be taken to be either complete or fully-tested solutions. But, neither should potential bugs be ignored if noticed by any other reader. While your response certainly does *seem* to work just fine, it contains a bug that *will* bite at some point.

So why do you say it's an example of what *not* to do with array_search()?

Please be specific.

Do you really expect me to "write the entire code"? Perhaps you could just meditate on this a little longer:

brian