Re: back-button question

The general rule is to create or maintain every page on your server of what you what the client to see. Then send it for every submit. That way you don't have to worry about satisfying every browser and configuration there is.

Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος wrote:
I'a writing first time so sorry if i reapeat but
i wanted to say this in my own words and angle.

My question is : Lets assume that we'r going throught php/html files a-----> b ------> c |<--------|

1)From a to b through a link

2)from b to c through a submit button (post method)

3) c is a php script which does some mysql queries and changes
some session variables and outputs a location header to return to b.

While back in b we press the back button
when back button is pressed my icewiesel browser gets me to 'a' page.

Trying to find some sense i postulated
that a browser holds in its history (for back/forward)
only requests made explicitly by the user and not the ones
made from withing php files (with header commands) .
Is my theory right..

I'm searching in the broader context of trying to control
how my bookstore website will react to random events from the user (back/forward, links etc) while in a middle of a series of php files that i want to act as a transaction.

Any help- recommendations  for study on the subject would be very
welcomed. I have 3 books on mysql/php but that issues
r not examined,

Prekates Alexandros
Trikala Greece