back-button question

I'a writing first time so sorry if i reapeat but
i wanted to say this in my own words and angle.

My question is :

Lets assume that we'r going throught  php/html files

a-----> b ------> c
        |<--------|

1)From a to b through a link

2)from b to c through a submit button (post method)

3) c is a php script which does some mysql queries and changes
some session variables and outputs a location header to
return to b.

While back in b we press the back button
when back button is pressed
my icewiesel browser gets me to 'a'  page.

Trying to find some sense i postulated
that a browser holds in its history (for back/forward)
only requests made explicitly by the user and not the ones
made from withing php files (with header commands) .
Is my theory right..

I'm searching in the broader context of trying to control
how my bookstore website will react to random events from
the user (back/forward, links etc) while in a middle of
a series of php files that i want to act as a transaction.

Any help- recommendations  for study on the subject would be very
welcomed. I have 3 books on mysql/php but that issues
r not examined,

Prekates Alexandros
Trikala Greece