Re: MySQL upload problem

At 4:46 PM +0100 9/11/07, Stut wrote:
tedd wrote:
I know that this is not a php question, but all of you are so smart I thought would ask anyway.

I need to upload a 5 Meg sql file to a client's database. However, his site's phpMyAdmin shows a maximum file size limit of 2 Meg.

Now, is this something that is controlled by his host, or is there a way for me to get around it without requiring his host to do something, or what? How can I do this?

Manually break the SQL file into several pieces. You may need to duplicate some statements at the top and tail of the main file in each part and also make sure that you duplicate any USE DATABASE statements to ensure you're on the right DB.

You'll also need to make sure you execute them on the server in order.

-Stut

-Stut:

This is a relational dB and the several times that I have attempted to load it in "in parts" has met with failure.

I was thinking that I could ftp the sql file to the clients server and then run a php script on his server, something like:

$sql = "mysql  -h$dbhost -u$dbuser -p$dbpass $dbname < $filename";
system($sql);

But, that didn't work -- however -- using mysqldump did download the file. So, I'm close.

I know that safe_mode is ON, but I'm not sure if that's what's causing the failure or something else.

There has to be a simple way to do this.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------